« Home | I just found this amazing band called Xploding Pla... » | I checked out Alice in Ultraland, the 2005 release... » | The Effects of Elevation single has been released,... » | Check out this free 36-track compilation of un... » | I'm listening to Dorset Perception, Shpongle's 200... » | welcome to the breakbeat jazz blog. » 

Thursday, August 10, 2006 

Esoteric Analysis of Boards of Canada

This site examines the occult symbolism apparent in many Boards of Canada songs and song titles.

Link: What the hell is up with Boards of Canada?

Excerpts:


  • "I do actually believe that there are powers
    in music that are almost supernatural. I think you actually manipulate
    people with music, and that is definitely what we are trying to do.
    People go on about hypnotizing people with music, or subliminal
    messages, and we have dabbled in that intentionally. Sometimes that’s
    just a bit of a private joke, just to see what we can sneak into the
    tracks."-- Marcus Eoin in an interview
  • The use of the Golden Ration to space moments in tracks, write melodies, and tune frequencies (citation).
  • Geogaddi has a song called "You Could Feel the Sky."
    About two minutes and 10 seconds into it, you hear a
    voice very faintly. This voice, now, you can't really
    understand it because it's obviously played backwards.
    Being the curious fucker I am, I went and got GoldWave
    out and reversed it. It has a man saying "A God With
    Hooves." Huh...this got me wondering for a second, but
    it actually explained the dark undertones of the song
    itself. Well, lets look at the CD play length, 66:06.
    Looking at this, it's the closest thing to 666 you can
    get when using normal Hour:Minute:Second layout.
    Looking at the cover, you see six figures in a hexagon
    format. Plus, on the CD is the song "1969."
  • If you reverse 1969 the vocoded voice says "David Koresh"

    1969 was the year that the use of CS gas was banned by the US government
    against foreign enemies. The same kind of gas used in the Waco massacre. (also 1969 is when the Church of Satan was founded, and when the Manson murders occured).

  • The overall filesize of the album Geogaddi when viewed as WAV files is 666MB.


MyZog.com: Single? Sign up free

About me

  • I'm Jonah Dempcy
  • From Seattle, Washington, United States
  • I'm a musician living in Seattle. I make electronic jazz music under the moniker Revolution Void. My music is a mix of electronic breaks and jazz improvisation, featuring solos from some of the top players in modern jazz such as Seamus Blake, Lucas Pickford and Matthew Garrison.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates